Liver Cancer surgeon in India
The liver is the largest organ inside your abdomen. It's found behind your ribs on the right side of your body.
The liver does important work to keep you healthy:
- It removes harmful substances from the blood.
- It makes enzymes and bile that help digest food.
- It also converts food into substances needed for life and growth.
The liver gets its supply of blood from two vessels. Most of its blood comes from the hepatic portal vein. The rest comes from the hepatic artery. We are Liver Cancer Surgeon
Cancer begins in cells, the building blocks that make up tissues. Tissues make up the organs of the body.
Normal cells grow and divide to form new cells as the body needs them. When normal cells grow old or get damaged, they die, and new cells take their place here Liver Cancer Surgeon in India.
Sometimes, this process goes wrong. New cells form when the body doesn't need them, and old or damaged cells don't die as they should. The buildup of extra cells often forms a mass of tissue called a growth, nodule, or tumor.
Growths in the liver can be benign (not cancer) or malignant (cancer). Benign tumors are not as harmful as malignant tumors:
- are rarely a threat to life
- can be removed and usually don't grow back
- don't invade the tissues around them
- don't spread to other parts of the body
- may be a threat to life
- sometimes can be removed but can grow back
- can invade and damage nearby tissues and organs (such as the stomach or intestine)
- can spread to other parts of the body
Most primary liver cancers begin in hepatocytes (liver cells). This type of cancer is called hepatocellular carcinoma or malignant hepatoma.
Liver cancer cells can spread by breaking away from the original tumor. They mainly spread by entering blood vessels, but liver cancer cells can also be found in lymph nodes. The cancer cells may attach to other tissues and grow to form new tumors that may damage those tissues. See the Stagingsection for information about liver cancer that has spread Best Liver Cancer Surgeon in India.